Full Body Reflexology primarily focuses on correcting energy imbalances in the body. Poor energy flow, inflammation, and stagnation in the muscles & joints are generally the primary causes of these energetic imbalances in the body.
During a typical Full Body Reflexology session, the client lies down fully clothed on a massage table. Then the areas of the body that promote relaxation are worked: ears, feet, head, hands. During the session, Meridian Lines, SEN Lines and reflex points (or acupressure points) are manipulated and reflexed. The body is also stretched and decompressed during this process. The initial session is always a balanced overall session. For those that need more specific work, then more issue specific techniques will be implemented in subsequent sessions.
Single sessions can be very relaxing and sufficient however, the scope of this style of work is progressive in nature and requires some time and multiple sessions to fully blossom into positive healthy change. The number of sessions required for optimum vitality varies from person to person. It is recommended to commit to a 3 session series and then re-evaluate from there.
Full Body Reflexology helps the body relax and rejuvenate itself. Working the body’s energies in this way naturally produces chemicals in the body which aid in it’s healing process. Some of these chemicals are:
- Oxytocin - relaxes muscles and encourages feelings of calmness and contentment
- Opioids in the brain - Reflexology triggers the release of this natural painkiller
- Enkephalins & Endorphins – opiate like compounds that moderate pain of all kinds, especially chronic pain
- Decreases Cortisol Levels - Indicator of Stress
- Growth Hormone - helps for sleep
- Dopamine - effects nutrition, inspiration, joy, fine motor activity, and enthusiasm
- Seratonin – Impacts emotions and behavior, subdues irritability and regulates cravings
Additional benefits of Body Reflexology include:
- Improved circulation
- Stress reduction and relaxation
- Improved mood and mental clarity
- Natural Detoxification
- Better and more sound sleep
- Accelerated physical cleansing and healing
- Increased flexibility in joints
- Reduced pain and stiffness
- A welcome boost for the immune system
- Clients generally leave the session feeling relaxed, balanced and invigorated.
What to Expect During a Session
- Full Body Reflexology is performed on a massage table
- The Client is fully clothed - Loose, comfortable clothing is recommended
- Initial sessions are a balanced sequence and last about an hour
- Subsequent sessions can be tailored to issue specific techniques
- Mild after session soreness can occur but generally this is not the case - the idea is to push the envelope without crossing the threshold
- Adjectives like "pain," "tenderness" and "deep pressure" are all subjective. Your reflexologist will work with you to find the balance between what feels good and what is effective. Our intention with each session is to help you feel better and achieve results
As with any style of bodywork, it can help the body correct the root causes of many health problems rather than just treating the symptoms. A series of sessions is recommended for maximum results. Be sure to ask about package pricing when booking.
CLICK HERE to book your next appointment!